Learn more about becoming a Big
Sign up to attend one of our one-hour information sessions to learn more about volunteering for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Minnesota.
The enrollment process includes the following steps:
- Attend a Big Brothers Big Sisters Informational Session
- Complete online application, providing us with references
- Complete in-person interview
- Driving record and criminal background check
- Be at least 18 years old and out of High School
- Commit to at least one full year of mentoring.
- Agree to see your Little Brother/Sister three to four times every month
- Own a car and be willing to drive to pick up a child from their home
A few activities that Community-Based matches enjoy are: going to movies, grabbing a bite to eat, and going to the park.
School or Site-Based Program:
- Be in high school or an adult
- Commit to one full year
- Commit to 1 hour per week with your Little
A few activities that Site-Based matches enjoy are: playing board games, arts & crafts, and playing sports. School districts currently served include: Big Lake, Foley, Sartell, Sauk Rapids and St. Cloud.
*All volunteers are required to commit for a minimum of 1 year
Take the first step and sign up to attend an upcoming info session by clicking here.
You never know when someone
May catch a dream from you
You never know when a little word
Or something you may do
May open up the windows
Of a mind that seeks the light
The way you love, may not matter at all
But you never know it might.
And just in case it could be
That another's life, through you
Might possibly change for the better
With a broader and brighter view
It seems it might be worth a try
At pointing the way to the right
Of course it may not matter at all,
But then again…it might
-Helen L. Marshall